Our Code of Conduct
The purpose of this Code of Conduct (Code) is to outline the type of behaviour which is encouraged by St Leonards Yacht Club & Motor Squadron (SLYCMS).
Who This Policy Applies To;
- SLYCMS members and their guests
- Individuals sitting on committees and sub-committees
- Members, including Life Members
- Race and other officials
- Employees and volunteers
- Parents, guardians and spectators to the full extent that it is possible
SLYCMS strives to be an inclusive, fair and non-discriminatory club, where people show respect for others and their property and to provide an environment free from harassment.
SLYCMS members acknowledge and agree that this Code has a direct relationship with the SLYCMS Rules & By-Laws. Members agree that any breach may result in action being taken under the grievance procedures adopted by the club and set out in the rules.
SLYCMS Member Acknowledgements
Each SLYCMS member agrees to;
- Not act in a manner unbecoming or contrary to the interests of SLYCMS
- Treat people with courtesy, respect and with proper regard for their rights and privileges as a SLYCMS member
- Always place the safety and welfare of children above other considerations
- Respect the decisions of officials and the SLYCMS committee
- Comply with all relevant Australian laws (Federal and State), particularly antidiscrimination and child protection laws
- Be accountable and responsible for their conduct
- Operate within the rules and spirit of the sport
The Committee of SLYCMS thanks you for your cooperation